Saturday, October 18, 2014

Happiness is available right now!

In the past I believed that happiness was a pursuit.  Something to be achieved by trying.  A feeling that I could get if I took action towards it.  It was a goal to be push to and it was always in the future.

I could get it for a bit, an hour or day, but it wasn't a deep sustained blissfulness that I was looking for.

Now I know that happiness is a choice.  It is here.  It is now.  And I can pick it no matter what is going on.  That's right, I am 100% responsible for my happiness!  Isn't that great?

So, now I have this information, how can I implement it?

Example 1:

My Grandmother is suffering from Dementia.  It is a terrible thing to experience someone that you love going through that.  She gets so frustrated because she can't do simple things anymore because she simply forgot how.  How can I access happiness during these times with her?  I think of the great memories and then remind her.  Of her tennis days.  Of her beautiful garden.  Of the current blessings in her life and then her focus (and mine) shifts to the beautiful things still left instead of the annoying things.



Example 2:

When I am having to do a chore that I don't enjoy (like cleaning my house), I put some great music on, a splash of yummy perfume and dance around doing the work to make it FUN.  I don't have to walk around and be grumpy about it.  

Example 3:

My Range Rover broke down and had a need for a very costly repair.  I could have been all angry, disappointed and walked into the tow truck and the garage with that attitude, or instead, just be light and happy.  I was joking around with the driver and then the owner of the garage, and now I am best friends with her!  I cooked her this lovely dinner the other night.





Don't wait for happiness.  CHOOSE IT RIGHT NOW!!





No comments:

Post a Comment