Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Push yourself for the better!!!

I remember the first time I ever played tennis.  I was 195 lbs and very unhappily married.  As a way to lose weight at the age of 35 I took up tennis.

Every night after playing I would cry as I bathed.  It was frustrating that I could not hit the ball in court.  That I was so heavy that I had trouble running.  That I got out of breath in points.  That I consistently lists. That I had aches and pains all over.

But I am so glad that I pushed through.  Tennis gave me:

- my BEST friends
- my new healthy body 143 lbs
- stamina
- a reason to quit smoking
- a fun hobby
- the gift of presence 
- my new amazing husband (and his incredible loving family)
- enough fun to write an inspirational tennis booked called "I ❤️ MY DOUBLES PARTNER!!!" 


Yes - I could have stayed fat, unhealthy and miserable - it would have been easier to continue watching 6 hours of TV a night with my ex husband and eating crisps.  But I am SO GLAD that I stepped outside of my box and made this great effort - because I WAS WORTH IT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment