If you are buying a gift for your valued customers, keep these things in mind:
- Buy locally. Their business is a local one, and they will appreciate you supporting a local business instead of buying a gift basket from Costco with Chinese made items in it.
- Buy a gift that stands out. Make sure that it is memorable. Your clients are receiving gifts from many sources, make yours special. It's okay if the gift is more fun and not so serious.
- Do not, I repeat, DO NOT put YOUR logo on the gift. This is what transitions the gift to a marketing piece.
- Make sure that there is a HAND written card with the gift (not printed). Printed cards are not personal enough.
- If at all possible, either buy a holiday gift that gives all year long (like the +CHOCbite of the month program) or DO NOT buy at the holidays at all. An "August 14th gift" just because will be much more of the exceeding expectations than the obligatory Christmas gift. Also, who needs more gifts at the holidays????? Consider an anniversary of working with you date or just pick a random I love my customer date!
- Make sure to buy quality. Nothing worse than a cheap product!