It seems like an obvious thing that having a tidy and clean house would be a contribution to success wouldn't it? I have seen an extreme correlation between effectiveness at work and cleanliness at home.
Making sure that your living quarters are serene is a requirement for happiness. Here are some ideas:
- Always make your bed, no matter what
- Fix anything that is broken (yes that includes changing light bulbs)
- If you hate cleaning, hire help
- Read the book "Getting Things Done" by David Allen for organizational ideas
- Make sure the scent of your home is to your liking
- Schedule time for upkeep (literally put it on your calendar)
- Play some wonderful music
- Have a living plant
- Serve your food on pretty dishes, every day!
A peaceful and hygienic house is an element of a happy life!
What do you do to keep your physical surroundings serene?