Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Changes in Perception Change Your Experience

Bliss is a choice.  And to quote Deepak Chopra, "it's your birthright!"

My happiness levels have not dramtically increased as a result in a change in circumstance.  In fact - my financial and physical status has pretty much been the same for the past 5 years.  The only difference is my personal interpretation of circumstances in my life.

I will use this example:

A couple of days ago I went to the movies with my Grandmother and her caregiver.  We had a lovely time.  When I dropped them off at their condo, I was snacking on some nuts in the car.  My Grandma said, "be careful that you don't choke on those - make sure to chew well and drink some water so they go down smoothly!"


I laughed and replied, "Okay Grandma - I will be careful!"

Not too long ago I would have gotten defensive and even a little angry.  I would never had said anything rude - but inside my head there would have been thoughts like:

- why is she telling me what to do?
- I have been taking care of myself my entire adult life!
- does she think that I am stupid? 

And even though I would not have shared these negative thoughts - they were still running rampant in my head.

Ananda (Bliss) is a state of BEING and is available right now.  Consciously noticing these distructive thoughts and changing their course to positive, kind and helpful ones is the first step.

I highly recommend a daily meditation practice as a first step to listening to your thoughts and practicing your power over them.  Like a muscle that builds over time - the silence provides a safe haven to go inward and take the reins of your perceptions.

Each event can be translated in multiple ways - learn to always choose BLiSS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment