Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Make the most of it.

I love playing tennis.  

In order to improve my game, once in a while I take lessons.  Sometimes they are private lessons and sometimes they are group.

Not too long ago, my girlfriend and I took a lesson with to other ladies.  Our coach had us doing various drills against each other to practice doubles strategy.  It was a very hot day.  

After emptying a big basket of balls - it was time to pick up.  However the other ladies just went in the shade, took a sip of their water and chatted instead of helping.

My first and instant reaction was, "Hey, what's going on here?  I am not your servant!  Pull your weight too!!"  (Thank goodness this all happened in my head and not out loud).  But very quickly I took a different turn in my thinking.  Here is where I went, "I am not that hot, I am healthy and strong and I would be HAPPY to pick all these balls up!  And I will use this time to stretch my legs out too while picking them up while my muscles are warm!"  

Suddenly this SHIFT IN THOUGHT had me ecstatically retrieving the fuzzy yellows.



Being the master of your mind is imperative to achieve deep and lasting happiness.  So choose sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment